Recently I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the lovely Lisa Rachel from Lisa Rachel Blogs. I’ve never been nominated for any of these types of awards before (or any for that matter), so I did get quite excited and almost started on my BAFTA-style ‘Thank You’ speech and deciding what to wear.
But no, it’s not that kind of award. The Mystery Blogger award was created by Okoto Enigma, here’s what she said about it:
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So, three things about myself!
- When I was younger I was I used to watch WWF all the time (before it changed to WWE) and I really wanted to be a wrestler when I was older! I used to download the music and walk through my room pretending it was my entrance music, because that’s just the kind of cool person I used to be…
- Sometimes I snort when I laugh. It’s really hot.
- I know most of the words to a lot of Iggy Azalea songs. I-G-G-Y PUT MA NAME IN BOLD.
Here are the questions I have to answer from my nominator:
- Why did you start a blog? Last year I quit my job after having a very hard time there. I started my blog first of all as something to do to get through the day, but then I found myself really enjoying it and now here we are!
- What’s your favourite quote? “I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.” ― Harun Yahya
- What is your most treasured possession? Probably my wedding box. I’m quite sentimental, so I saved a load of things from our wedding day and honeymoon and they’re in a glittery box in my spare room. It has things like favours, name cards, cake topper, a balloon from my hen do, a shell from the beach in St Lucia, etc.
- Where would you most like to visit in the world? Either The Maldives or the Amalfi Coast. The Amalfi Coast is a lot more feasible as it’s closer, and we are planning an Italy trip in a couple of years time so that will definitely be on there. I’ve always wanted to go to the Maldives but it’s just so expensive! I want a water-bungalow with a slide into the sea!
- If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be and why? Ooh I’m not sure, I could easily say someone like Sal from Impractical Jokers just because I fancy the shit out of him, but I want to be a bit deeper than that. Let’s pretend for a minute that this person isn’t technically fictional, but I’d want to have lunch with Blair Waldorf. We would have lunch somewhere good and she’d give me loads of life advice and we could bitch about people and then go shopping. Yep.
Here are my nominations!
Hannah from Doodleheart
Katie from Katie’s Sanctuary
Charlotte Rose from Chxrlotterose
Molly from Molly Rees
Kate from Kate Jones
Ray from Ray Ray Lou
Olivia from Olivia Charlotte
Mollie from Mollie Says
My questions to YOU are!:
- What’s your most embarrassing memory?
- What’s your favourite season and why?
- What’s your favourite, and least favourite part of blogging?
- Are you more of a Blair or Serena?
- What’s your best quality?
A link to my best post:
Not sure if it’s my best, but it’s certainly one of my more serious, more controversial posts and has had a lot of positive feedback!
Please don’t feel obliged to take part, it’s just for a bit of fun!