To anyone out there who doesn’t know who Blair Waldorf is, I suggest you go binge watch all six seasons of Gossip Girl right after reading this article.
Blair Waldorf is everyone’s favourite Queen B of Manhattan’s Upper East Side. She seems to have it all – great friends, a closet to kill for, and Chuck Bass. B is definitely the best girlfriend every girl needs to go to for honest advice, shopping, or a good old fashioned bitch session.
So grab your headbands, girls, and channel your inner Blair with this collection of some of her best quotes and life lessons from Gossip Girl which we can still relate to four years after it ended.
1. Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.
2. If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.
3. You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.
4. They say Rome wasn’t built in a day. And yet what a difference a day makes.
5. Whoever said that money doesn’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.
6. Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started.
7. You need to be cold to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off.
8. Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.
9. People don’t write sonnets about being compatible, or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversation. The great loves are the crazy ones.
10. If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris.
11. The thing about new beginnings is that they require something else to end.
12. If you’ll excuse me, I gotta go kill myself. Or max out my credit card, whichever comes first.
13. Don’t let people tell you who you are. You tell them.
15. Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious.
16. People will stare. Make it worth their while.
17. The most important parties to attend are the ones you’re not invited to.
18. The problem with fairytales is that they set a girl up for disappointment. In real life the prince goes off with the wrong princess.
19. I’m not a stop along the way. I’m a destination.
20. Life is tough. Just get a helmet.
There you have it. Now go out and kill it.
Until next time.